Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Zhara's Second Birthday Cake

Words don't come easy to me, when it comes to cake. I really wanted to do it myself, but let's face it, I'm no baker. I tested a lot of recipes. I experimented with frosting and the results were really, really, creepy. That's because the cake was Spongebob, and it just did not work. So I ended up doing fondant, and as it turns out, it really was not as difficult as I imagined. I don't know why I was so intimidated. It wasn't close to perfect, but Zhara recongnized it, yelled Spongggggeeeee cake and her whole little being shook with excitement, so, mission accomplished.


I worked from top to bottom and you can see exactly where I got bored and stopped working his pants piping the details on the lower side, like his belt and what have you.

Even now, if  Zhara sees pictures of it she runs to the kitchen to see if there's more. And she sings Happy Birthday. (Seriously, she's very verbal. She sings.)

I'll come back with the recipe, this I have written down, so I'm not likely to forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

we appreciate your feedback