Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

The blue whale

A while ago I made this pizza while being on the phone the whole time. I honestly don't remember exactly what I did to it, and that caused me real, serious pain, cause it has to be the best one I ever made. I have since tried to recreate it, but of course it wasn't the same.

I know I caramelized a bunch of onions in the fat letf from frying the bacon; on the crust I put sauce and then a layer of thinly sliced zucchini, seasoned and tossed with a tbsp of olive oil; and then the onions, bacon, red peppers and feta cheese. The thin crust was crisp, and the edges were wonderfully puffed and soft, and that zucchini ... was tossed in lemon juice and olive oil. I'll have to redo this one right away, because Zhara loved it and ate a nice portion.
Which portion later got vomited all over her bedroom in the I-don't-want-to-sleep-even-though-I'm-dead-tired-and-it's-way-past-my-bedtime tantrums. She does this, when she gets upset, she vomits voluntarily and/or holds her breath until she passes out.

How nice of me to put this story in a food post. That pizza's not looking half as good  as it did before I remembered all this. Which is for the best, cause it's midnight and it's not wise or healthy to start on dough now. Eh. I must be not very smart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

we appreciate your feedback